Safety & Care

Safety & Care

At Homewick, we want you to experience the maximum enjoyment and pleasure from our products. We take great pride in making them using only the finest quality ingredients and materials. However, it's very important that you act responsibly to ensure their safe use. Please follow the safety card issued with every order. These guidelines are also outlined below, please follow to ensure safe usage and to keep your products at their best:

 Never leave burning candles unattended.

 Keep away from things that could catch fire.

 Keep away from children and pets.

 Place candles on a heat resistant holder.

 Always trim the wick to 3-5mm before lighting.

 Keep the wax pool clear of debris.

 Do not place near a heat source.

 Do not burn candles near a draught.

 Always unsure the candle is kept upright.

 Never use liquid to extinguish a candle.

 Ensure candles are left to cool before touching.

 Do not move a burning candle.

 Snuff out a burning candle. Do not blow it out. 


We use 100% soy wax for all our candles because it is clean burning, sustainable and fantastic for candles. It burns slowly and holds onto the scent throughout the full burn of the candle. It also allow for great scent throw even when the candle is not lit. It is important to take care of your candle and always burn safely.

Remove all packaging before lighting. Place on a protected, heat-resistant, dry surface, away from anything that can catch fire, and out of reach of children and pets. Use holders for tea lights. Do not leave your candles unattended and ensure candles are a safe distance.

Keep wick(s) trimmed to approximately 3-5mm. The first time you burn your candle, its very important to keep it lit until the whole surface is liquid wax. When you burn it thereafter it will burn down evenly and slower. Burn a candle no longer than 3 hours. If your wick starts to 'mushroom' or 'fray', or if it smokes, or the flame becomes too high, you should extinguish, cool and trim the wick. Trimming the wick also helps to control the size of the flame so as not to burn too fast.

Use a snuffer to extinguish your candle and ensure to always remove any debris from the wax. If soot forms on the inside of the container, extinguish candle, wait for it to cool, then wipe with a damp cloth. Trim wick and relight. We recommend you stop burning the candle when there is 8-10mm of wax left to ensure it can absorb the heat of the flame and prevent cracking of the container.


  • Place on heat-resistant surface
  • Keep your wick trimmed to less than 5mm
  • If your wick 'mushrooms' or 'frays', safely extinguish, cool and trim the wick
  • Do not leave your candle unattended


Our highly scented wax melts are designed to melt in the well of your oil burner and fragrance your room.

Traditional OIL burner:

  • Never leave a burning candle unattended or move it when lit.
  • Remove all packaging before use.
  • Only use with a good quality tea-light. Do not use with a maxi tea-light, votive or other candles.
  • Keep the Wax Melt Burner and tea-light out of the reach of children and pets.
  • Do not burn the tea-light or leave the wax melt burner on or near anything that can catch fire.
  • Ensure the wax melt burner is well ventilated. There must be at least 6.5cm of space above the flame within the wax melt burner.
  • Keep foreign objects out of the wax pool.
  • Keep the wick trimmed to 3-5mm and remove any carbon build up.
  • The wax melt burner becomes very hot during use, do not touch or move whilst alight or whilst wax remains molten.
  • Extinguish the tea-light if the flame becomes enlarged, makes contact with the wax melt burner, or begins to smoke.
  • Use a candle snuffer to extinguish the flame. Once extinguished allow wax melt burner to cool before moving.

ELECTRIC burner:

  • Never leave an electric wax melt burner unattended whilst in use.
  • Remove all packaging before use.
  • Keep the electric wax melt burner out of the reach of children and pets.
  • Do not leave the electric wax melt burner on or near anything that can catch fire.
  • Ensure the electric wax melt burner is well ventilated. Keep foreign objects out of the wax pool.
  • The electric wax melt burner becomes very hot during use, do not touch or move whilst turned on or whilst wax remains molten.


Our highly scented reed diffusers are designed to provide a subtle scent through your home. Carefully turn the reeds after a few weeks to provide continuous scent throw. Replacement reeds and diffuser refills are available. 
  • DO NOT LIGHT THE DIFFUSER REEDS - Diffuser reeds passively diffuse the scent into the room, so no flame is needed. Also, this poses a fire risk.
  • KEEP REED DIFFUSER OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN AND PETS - Do not place reed diffusers where children and pets can reach or knock them over.
  • DO NOT INGEST DIFFUSER LIQUID - The liquid may be harmful if swallowed or if it enters the airways. This product can be dangerous or fatal if swallowed or inhaled.
  • USE GLOVES WHEN HANDLING USED REEDS - Diffuser liquid may cause an allergic skin reaction. This product can be harmful or fatal if absorbed through the skin.
  • DIFFUSER LIQUID MAY DAMAGE SOME SURFACES - Ensure you wipe any residual oil from the bottom of the bottle before placing it on a protected, level surface. 


 Our highly scented room sprays are designed to spray into the air. They will provide a long lasting fragrance to your room.

  • Keep out of reach of children and pets.
  • Spray into the centre of the room away from the face.
  • Do not spray directly onto furnishings, wooden floors or polished or painted surfaces.
  • Do not spray near naked flames.
  • Do not use on skin.

We take safety extremely seriously! In the unlikely event that you experience any issues with your purchase, please stop using the item and contact